August 21st, 2009

asleep at mal 9/09

dragon*con rooms

we've finally made decisions on dragon*con

due to finances and my health issues our LA contingent is not going to make dragon*con this year - pout (maybe 2010 or 2011)

however, we booked three rooms at the marriot (at the con rate of $170/room + tax) - each is two double beds from thursday 9/3 to monday 9/7 - two of those rooms has been claimed but the other one is up for grabs

so those of you who are currently booked in overflow or other hotels who want to move or those who need a room, speak up now

first two people who ask will get these rooms; feel free to spread the word to others who you know but i don't - i'd rather transfer them to someone we know than cancel them and have the hotel re-book at full rates (i will cancel wednesday if these haven't been claimed)

and for those of you who haven't stayed at the marriot before i consider it the best of the con hotels - the lower lobbies get nuts, but the main lobby usually isn't too bad (except sometimes getting through the doors), there are plenty of elevators most of the time (no excessive waiting to get to your room a la the hyatt), the pool/fitness area is nice, and the rooms themselves aren't bad - although i've heard some pretty horrid things about the marriot chain lately we've always had good experiences there even though we're clearly a group of freaks all the time, not just for the con
asleep at mal 9/09

east coast trip itinerary

dates 8/29/09 - 9/8/09

8/29 fly in saturday evening, dinner, dancing at http://www.myspace.com/elektroschock, crash in baltimore
8/30 wake up, drive to pa, bbq or whatever with mom, grandma, etc - we'd like to get to see everyone if it can be arranged; crash in pa
8/31 spend the day in pa w/ mom and family,
crash in pa
9/1 day in md/dc including possible face time w/ my attorney and food w/ friends, crash in md/dc
9/2 day in md/dc including possible face time w/ my attorney and food w/ friends, crash in md/dc
9/3 wake up, head towards dad's in raleigh nc, afternoon/evening and
dinner w/ dad, kim, courtney - crash at dad's
9/4 spend the day in raleigh and crash at dad's
9/5 drive back to dc area, dinner? and http://www.spellbound-dc.com for mohawkadam's visit (note you should pre-purchase tickets for this)
9/6 up in the air - md/dc, pa, or maybe a day in nyc depending on everyone else's plans
9/7 also up in the air - maybe go to six flags md? if we don't do trip to nyc or pa; either way we'll wind up in md that night and crash in md area
9/8 fly out of bwi - arrive at rental return by 9:00am

if you want to do food with us on any of the dates we're in the baltimore/dc area please let me know - we'll figure out locations, times, etc in the next week

if anyone has crash space for two people (we will pack an air mattress & sheets, probably need pillows & blankets depending on the temps of your space - treat us like CA natives - below 85 is cold) on the following nights, please let me know - we're low maintenance, i may want a corner of your fridge/freezer to stash some food and an ice pack in (yeah restricted diets)

8/29/09 in walking distance of e*shock would be my first choice, if not in baltimore or very nearby (we need to be heading north on 83 by 10 or 11am for family bbq, etc)
9/1/09 and 9/2/09 in the dc metro area
9/5/09 in dc area
9/6/09 & 9/7/09 unknown - doing anything fun labor day weekend you want to take us to? we are contemplating more time in md/dc, more time in pa or possible trip to nyc (my first home, t's never been there) although we'd like to end up in md on the night of 9/7/09 so commute to bwi is easy

we ask that no matter where you've reached this from if you're interested in getting together while we're in md/dc/etc or have crash space to offer please comment here (so i have them all in one place)... all comments are screened so your offers/plans won't be public; feel free to pass this information on to friends who don't read my lj/myspace/facebook

p.s. for those of you who know about my medical/financial woes, this trip was planned last february; we've made some major modifications to minimize costs and stress on my body, but decided not to cancel after talking to the doctor and my family